International Language Level Standard
According to the student’s skills all languages can be divided into 6 levels.
- Can understand and use everyday expressions.
- Can introduce himself/herself to others and can ask and answer simple questions about personal details (where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has).
- Can read and interact with other people in a simple way.
- Can understand complex sentences and frequently used expressions.
- Can have simple conversation related to areas about very basic personal and family information, shopping, location, work.
- Can participate in direct exchange of information.
- Can explain simple and routine aspects of life.
- Can understand the main points of standard daily conversation at school, work, leisure also in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce text with simple and complex sentences.
- Can describe situations, events, dreams.
- Can give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Upper Intermediate (B2)
- Can understand the main ideas of complex texts.
- Can communicate on both concrete and abstract topics. Also ready to give explanation about his/her field of work specialization.
- Can interact in spontaneously dialogue even with native speaker.
- Can produce clear, coherent text and explain a viewpoint on wider range of topics.
- Can analyze text and extract advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Can understand original texts and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously and make communication full of nice examples.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for various social purposes even academic and professional.
- Can produce logical, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects using various stylistic devices.
- Can use language in all life situations.
- Can analyze and summarize information from different spoken and written sources.
- Can use language for scientific and teaching purpose.
- Can differentiate all shades of meaning and use it spontaneously, very fluently and precisely.